PennDOT Restricts Truck Traffic This Weekend
Due to severe weather, Pennsylvania authorities impose restrictions on truck routes.
Over the weekend, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) plans to restrict traffic for certain types of vehicles, primarily truck.
Starting on March 12 at 05:00 am, Tier 1 vehicle restrictions are set for the route:
- PA Turnpike I-76 (Mainline) from New Stanton (Exit 75) to Breezewood (Exit 161)
Starting on March 12 at 05:00 am, Tier 1 vehicle restrictions are set for the following roads:
- Interstate 80 from I-79 to I-99.
- The entire length of I-99
Starting on March 12 at 07:00 am, Tier 1 vehicle restrictions are planed for the way:
Starting on March 12 at 07:00 am, Tier 3 vehicle restrictions are set for the following roads:
- I-80 from I-99 to the New Jersey border
- I-81 from I-80 to the New York border
- The entire length of I-84
- The entire length of I-180
Starting on March 12 at 11:00 am, Tier 1 vehicle restrictions are set for the route:
According to Tier 1 restrictions, on the above-mentioned roads are not allowed:
• Trucks with no trailers;
• Trucks tugging unloaded or lightly loaded covered trailers, open trailers or tanks;
• Trucks tugging loaded tandem trailers, unless chains or other approved alternative traction device is on board;
• Closed trucks that fit the CMV definition;
• Car traffic vehicles (cars, SUVs, pickups, etc.) with trailers;
• Recreation vehicles / motorhomes;
• School buses, commercial buses and coaches;
• Buses, commercial buses and intercity buses;
On roads with Tier 3 restrictions, all commercial vehicles are banned except loaded single trailers with chains or approved alternative traction devices.
PennDOT says vehicle restrictions will remain in place until weather conditions improve.