Did you secure your cargo? US police made important statement
This week, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the police are urging drivers to pay special attention to cargo safety as part of National “Secure Your Load Day.”
This day is officially observed at the beginning of June each year. Throughout the week, special attention is paid to the safe load transportation. Truck drivers are asked to use ropes and belts to protect the cargo they are hauling.
Do not forget these important tips:
- Tie down load with rope or straps
- Tie large objects directly to the vehicle or trailer
- Cover the entire load with a sturdy tarp or netting
- Don’t overload the vehicle
- Always double check load to make sure it is secure
- Don’t trust weathered or worn straps and bungee cords.
And remember, no matter what you are hauling and no matter how short the trip is, make sure you secure your load securely. The lives of other people may depend on it.