For entry-level drivers, the FMCSA sets minimum federal requirements that they must meet before checking for CDLs.
The notice on the new FMCSA web page states: “Drivers are urged to exercise caution when choosing a service provider to help them meet specific ELDT requirements. Visit the Provider Registry to learn more about where to get a CDL.“
The new web page includes:
• information about what is needed for entry-level drivers
• a checklist to help you find an approved provider of the services you need
• reference to the minimum requirements for the amount of information that a future driver must receive
• advice on finding possible financial assistance
• a link with verified information that your service provider sent to the Registry
The ELDT requirements came into effect in February of this year.